Selective Call Acceptance *64 screens incoming calls. When activated, you only receive calls from those on your acceptance list.
How to use:
- 1. Pick up the phone and listen for dial tone.
- 2. Press *64 (or dial 1164 on a rotary dial phone.) and the recorded announcement will give you specific, easy instructions. Follow these instructions and dial 3 to turn the feature on (if it is currently off), or turn the feature off (if it is currently on).
- 3. To add the last caller to your acceptance list press #01#.
- 4. To hear the phone numbers on your list dial 1. After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
- 5. To add a number to your list press #. Follow the voice instructions you will hear. You can store up to 31 numbers on your list.
- 6. To remove a number from your list press *. Follow the voice instructions to remove any or all of those numbers.
- 7. To hear instructions again dial 0.
- 8. When someone calls and your service is turned on, you'll receive calls only from those on your call acceptance list. Callers who are not your list will simply hear an announcement that you are not accepting calls at this time.